Monday, January 28, 2013

Home Brewed Smittle: Week 35. 5 to go.

So, It's begun. The "I don't think you're going to make it that far." comments. They DRIVE ME CRAZY! Look, lady, this is my SIXTH child. My body KNOWS what it's doing. Yes, I look like a beached whale, but I promise my baby and my body know just when God is ready. I mean, seriously, is that supposed to make me feel GOOD?! Do you really think I don't get that what you're saying is, "DANG! You are HUGE!"
I'm still singing at church, and every week I think the pastor is worried I'll go into labor. I keep telling him he'd be a great LD coach! Ha!
On to other things, I hope that you'll read the follow-up to last weeks post here. We've seen God bless us so richly just in the past week. After the post I wrote, I was actually blessed by a photographer friend who wants to take pictures of the baby and my cousin who brought me some clothes and a bouncy seat for Eli. I was talking to someone this week about how you'd think with 6 kids I'd have everything I need, but after six kids most of what I do have is ready to be tossed it's so worn! Eli is lucky to be a boy, because at least he won't have to wear the same clothes all four of the girls have worn. It does make it special though to see that same outfit on each of my girls...I'll miss those sweet baby girl things, but I do love little golf hats and denim overalls oh so much!!
SO, 5 more weeks. By the time I post this it will actually be more like 4.5, but that's IFF Eli comes when he's "due." I have several friends who've been going past their due dates lately, and I'd be OK with that more than him coming early. I am getting ready to be unpregnant though!
This week I'll go for my regular visit with my midwife. I'll also have my 36 week risk assessment. We'll also be setting up my homevisit where both midwives come to our home and figure out where things are and how things are set up. They'll also make sure I have all the supplies I need and we're ready for go time. I've really got to get things together before then!
Babycenter says it's "snug" inside my womb. Uh, you think!? It doesn't seem to stop the kung fu fighter baby inside me from kicking me enough to wake me up! He's STRONG! That's good though, because it means he's healthy. I'm so thankful for another great healthy pregnancy. God has so richly blessed my time being pregnant, and I'm thankful to have made it to the point that even if the baby was born his basic physical development is mostly finished, and he would likely be OK.
Babycenter says that he's about 18 inches long and weighs a little over 5 pounds, about the weight of a honeydew melon.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading other homebirth stories. We had two of our three kiddos at home. My mom had all five of us siblings at home. Praying for a safe and healthy delivery for mom and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I have seen your adorable family at church, and I sorta kinda know your husband just because I have sent him emails and delivered books to him, but I had no idea you were using a midwife. That is so cool! Who do you use? I am seeing Kim Jacob.
    I stumbled upon your blog because someone was asking me for a counseling referral and I was trying to find information for Scotty. But I really like your Snow White post so I think I may stick around. After having 6 children, I am fairly certain I could learn something from you. :)

    ReplyDelete