Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Years Skating

After the snow had all melted away it was time for New Year's. I'm sure that those of you with lots of littles know that it's really not a holiday with too much celebration. We usually make a fun meal and let the kids toast apple juice glasses and don silly hats before bed, but this year it just didn't work out that way. I attended a funeral for a friend that died suddenly that day, and Scotty had to work, so we just ended up having a regular night. Once the kids were in bed we watched a movie which I ended up sleeping through. After the movie I awoke just in time to see the ball drop via tv, then it was off to bed. New Year's day Manly's dad and his family came into town and we took the kids to the (FREEZING COLD) outdoor skating rink.
KK with Kayla learning to skate.

Lulu working on her own to figure out what she's supposed to be doing.

Addi with Manly. She looks angry, but I promise she wasn't!

Manly cheering Lulu on.
 
Love this picture of my growing big girl! She looks so happy(and cold)!
 
Mia took a ride around the rink with Kayla.

Pretty blue-eyed Eskimo.

KK taking a little foot break.

Manly having a dad moment.

Happy Lulu. She said, "I think I'm going to take up skating when I get a little older."

Brubbs taking his turn around the rink.

I think he liked it!!

Lulu getting the hang of it!!

So proud she did so well for her first time.
 


The two littles weren't able to skate and they didn't have skates small enough, so I corralled them while Manly and his family helped the big girls learn to skate.

Wacky boy!!
 
I love that sweet smile! It's usually followed by a snarl, but still. Sweet in the moment!

It was their first time on ice skates and I think they did a great job. Afterwards we took them to McDonalds for lunch(which is actually a rare treat in this house).
Now we were back at our regular routine, which seems to make the days fly by. I just know that Eli is going to be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment