Sunday, January 13, 2013

Home Brewed Smittle: Week 33. 7 to go.

No way! This week has flown by! We were "blessed" to be part of the 2013 pukefest this week when not one, not two, not three, but FOUR of our kids cam down with the stomach virus. First it was Mia. She spent about 36 hours being sick, then she was done. Then came Wednesday night. We'd just settled into REM sleep when Bubby comes into the room after throwing up all over his bed. We spent the next hour and a half cleaning up after him and trying to teach him to aim for the bucket. After his hour and a half we were back asleep for no more than 2 minutes when Olivia comes running into the room yelling that Addison was getting sick upstairs. SO, we spent the next hour and a half cleaning her waist length hair and helping her to be comfortable. Luckily she knows how to aim, so it was just the first time we had to clean up after. Once she and Bubby were bedded down and we were all sleeping again we hear, "DAAAAAAD! KK's SICK TOOOOOOOO!" Lucky for us, KK was responsible enough to make it into the bathroom and there was no mess, but she was miserable, so then we were home for the day with three sick kiddos. After that day everyone seemed better by the evening aside from some minor dehydration from Addi. The next two days were fine, then last night Addi and KK started getting sick again! We couldn't believe it. It was so strange. Here's hoping to a well week!
I'm trying to get the kids ahead a little in school to prepare for Eli's birth. With homeschool we are able to adjust when needed, but since I don't want to be doing school all through the summer I'm trying to get ahead. I'm planning to try to just be off for a week and use that as our "Spring Break." We don't generally take a SB because we usually go on vacation in the fall, but this year we'll have an Eli Break instead.
I'm still feeling pretty good. I'm having to move around a lot at night to get good sleep and I have a maze of pillows to keep me propped in all the right places. Eli seems to be a kickboxer or sumo or something. He's kicks are HUGE and can be both seen and felt by others.
I'm to the point where dresses are the only comfy thing to wear aside from one pair of yoga pants I've had since college. That's always a fun place to be. Ha! If I HAVE to wear pants you'll likely see me adjusting for breaths.
Babycenter says that Eli is about 4 pounds this week and about 17 inches long. He's starting to fill out and lose the wrinkled alien look. I'm expecting him to weigh in at over 9 pounds in the end, so I'm assuming this guesstimation from Babycenter may be a little off... BUT, they say he's weighing about the same as a pineapple...

No comments:

Post a Comment