Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Perfect Shmerfect

I have been "unplugged" for the past several days(about 2 weeks actually) trying to really spend less time in the electronic world and more time with my family. Once I logged back on to Facebook I realized I was way behind on communications from the "outside world," but other than that the world had continued to spin in the same direction, everyone had themselves a Merry Little Christmas and a Happy New Year, and snow had fallen on almost everyone. It was a good break and I will most likely spend much less time engaged with Facebook than I have in the past.
 

While I was away I got great news! I am honored to have been chosen to be part of the "No More Perfect Moms" launch team. "No More Perfect Moms" is a book written by Jill Savage. If you've read my blog for long, you know that perfectionism is a flaw that I struggle with. I strain myself daily trying to keep up with the perfectly clean house, perfectly stylish and well home educated children, a perfect marriage to a perfect man, a perfectly manicured(sweet smelling) dog, and a perfectly trimmed and landscaped yard. The list could go on and on, but the key word is TRYING. That's right. There will NEVER be a perfect mother. God creates only GOOD things, but we live in an imperfect world, and can never pull ourselves over the "perfect" mark while we are here on earth. I am looking forward so much to reading and learning about "No More Perfect Moms."

You'll be hearing more about it as I begin(today) reading my cool electronic pre-release copy(a perk of being part of the team). I wanted to include some important information about it today though, because due to my unplugging I missed some really cool announcements!

1. Sign up for Jill Savage's "No More Perfect Moms" 31-Day Email Challenge. This is a great way to find out more about the book and be encouraged in the new year.. You don't have to have the book {which doesn't release until February anyway} to be part of this great daily email. Click here to sign up so you can start receiving the emails today. It's not too late!!

2. Don't buy the book yet, but get ready to do so Feb. 4-9. Along with the release of "No More Perfect Moms," Hearts at Home and Moody Publishers will offer additional bonus resources worth more than $100 if you order/buy the book anytime Feb. 4-9. Click here to learn more about this and sign up to be reminded of the release date. Also, share this with your man! This would be a GREAT Valentine's Day gift!! It's such a wonderful thing to share with your friends, so be ready to buy more than one copy! There will even be bulk discounting, so be thinking of all the girls who would be blessed by a book like this and make your self a shopping list!

3. Visit "No More Perfect Moms" website. This is where you can share stories, learn more about the book, and view motherhood resources. It's so encouraging to check this site often! You'll be blessed and so will your family(through you!).

4. Sign up for the No More Perfect Moms National Convention. If I weren't having a baby the first of March I would totally be there!! I mean, seriously, "DJ" is going to be there!! Ha! Not to mention music by Meredith Andrews.It's going to be held March 15-16 in Norman, IL. If at all possible grab a friend, sign up, and enjoy a fabulous weekend! 

Also, here is a snippet I pulled from the Hearts-at-Home website.

If you've ever forgotten to pick your child up from soccer practice or accidentally worn two different shoes to the grocery store, this book is for you. Being a mother is not for those who display symptoms of the "Perfection Infection." There is simply no such thing as a perfect mom. And there are no such things as perfect kids, perfect homes, perfect bodies, perfect marriages, or even perfect meals.
With refreshing honesty, author Jill Savage exposes some of her own parental shortcomings with the goal of helping mothers everywhere shelve their desires for perfection along with their insecurities of not measuring up to other moms.
No More Perfect Moms will help you...
  • Change your unrealistic expectations to realistic expectations in order to better manage everyday challenges.
  • Give grace and love to your husband and children even in difficult family life circumstances.
  • Increase your confidence when you resist the urge to compare your insides to other women's outsides.
  • Discover the beauty of grace when you stop judging yourself and stop judging others.
  • Find freedom from disappointment when you embrace your real family, your real challenges, and your real, but imperfect, life.

So, now that you've read that intro I know you're wanting more!

GO, sign up today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment