Sunday, March 24, 2013

Our First Last Firsts

So, with Eli being our final addition to our family there have been a lot of lasts in the two weeks since he's joined us. I've started calling them our first last firsts because there are LOTS of things that we'll never experience again(unless God decides to give us a miracle child). Some of them are bittersweet, some of them are happy, and some of them are just down right heartbreaking.

The first last first was the last time we'd ever have a one day old.
I can't believe how much he's already grown in two weeks!

The next was the last time we'll give a first bath.
Obviously, this was a grand occasion around here! 

Oh how I love this man. He's given all of our children their first bath.
He's so calm and peaceful with them.


Look at all of those towels and washcloths!

This was a happy first! The first time he slept through the night and I woke up before he did! He hasn't done it since then, but he's sleeping really well at night.
This is also the last time he was able to wear "newborn" clothes! Look at how short the sleeve is on him! Ha!
 
His first Holiday. St. Patrick's Day!

A heartbreaking last. This was right before his...procedure.
This little dude has some LUNGS. He screamed like a mad man! I call this picture the calm before the STORM!

A happy first. His first day of church today. It couldn't have gone better. He was nice and happy the entire morning, we got everyone ready while he napped, then he was calm at church. On our way home he had his first giant poop in my church clothes poop. I told him I was really glad he decided to wait until AFTER we'd been at church to do that!
He loves his momma! tahee!
 
Seriously, look at this sweet boy!!

 
These moments are lost if we don't take the time to soak every last drop of them up. It's been so different this time to just slow down, hold my newborn, and relax as time goes swooping past. I told him this morning he'll be grown before I know it and I'm going to hoover those cheeks while I still can. Later, I've got cheeks to kiss and memories to make...

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwww! He is so PRECIOUS!!!! Congratulations! I'm so glad to see that he is here and healthy. What a little miracle he is. These pictures made me smile so much to see your sweet family enjoying life. I LOVE the pictures of him looking up at you! It's like he's thinking, "That's my momma!" I'm glad you are cherishing each of these first last firsts. :)

    ReplyDelete