Friday, April 12, 2013

Wow!

I've been a little busy these days! Turns out six littles 8 and under are keeping me BUSY!
My sweet cheeks! He's smiling, laughing, and starting to coo. Love this sweet boy!

So, while I'm nursing, changing, and loving on Eli the other kids can get in trouble in a heartbeat. Here is a little proof.
Mia and Isaiah decided that the dog's water bowl was a great way to make mud paint. They not only painted the door, but they covered themselves as well. Hair included. WOWZAH!

It took a REALLY long time to get all that mud out.

She started getting embarrassed by me laughing at her being covered in mud.
 
Do you see the clumps of mud? So nasty.

Isaiah had it in his hair too, but I didn't chase him down for a picture.

Part of their masterpiece.

Isaiah. He got the mud paint from this hole.

These two are so silly together.

My two mud artists.

Eli is a little full of himself.
He loves to smile at himself in the mirror while he's on the changing table.

He's a perfect combination of high maintenance and easy going.
It makes me remember to slow down and soak up each moment.

A few mornings ago I woke up to get a shower before the kids were up. I noticed the kitchen light was on and I knew that Manly was supposed to be at Bible study. I walked in and saw the following.
You see those BUBBY sized foot prints?
I guess he wanted a little coffee to start the day off.

This is what it looked like from the other side of the room. Yes, he also got my jewelry box and went through my stuff. And left the fridge open. Wowzah!


We made him sweep it up. Did I mention this was all before 6:30?? 
 
So, that's why I haven't blogged in a while! Ha!

2 comments:

  1. THIS! THIS is a blog post I can relate to! lol. And I only have two, but they seem similar to yours--or at least to your second to youngest two. =) The footprints of coffee are priceless. They owe you so big someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the days when you just have to laugh or you'll cry! I've had many, many days just like that, especially the mud. I hate to tell you, but my youngest boy is nine and he still gets into the mud and invites his little sisters along. Thankfully, he doesn't paint the house with it anymore, but he doesn't stop the 3 yr old from doing so.
    Hey, at least coffee grounds smell good for awhile every time you use the vacuum after cleaning that up. :) That is, if you like the smell of coffee.
    Hang in there! Enjoy your little explorers, keep making them help you clean up, and it's ok to sometimes cry in the shower from pure exhaustion.

    ReplyDelete