Monday, August 19, 2013

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!

Is it just me, or do some of you also say "FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!" using your best Nemo voice(even if it's just in your head) this time of year?!
 
 
 I love how excited Nemo is about starting school. I was greeted with that same excitement this morning, as my five "big" kids came rumbling down the stairs ready for the day. Manly made a batch of homemade fresh blueberry muffins for us, and we were ready for our first day of school.
KK insisted there must be an apple at my seat because that's what you give teachers.
KK also gave me a note. It says, "U R a grate(great) teathar(teacher). I love you."
 
As is tradition in our house, the girls got to pick out a new first day of school outfit. It was particularly fun to watch Addi pick her outfit. I think she tried on about 25 dresses and outfits before she finally decided on the winning outfit. She actually told me in her sweet little voice, "It doesn't really matter if you don't like it, because you don't have to wear it. I do!" Well, it's a good thing, because even though I wasn't crazy about their outfits they looked adorable and felt great in the outfits they chose.
Here are all the yearly pics we try to always get before we start school.

Mia and Isaiah are ready for Preschool!!

Addi(K5), who has a new fondness for all of her hair being pulled to one side "like a teenager."

 KK(1st grade) who is most definitely wearing an Ed Hardy air freshener she found on the ground and turned into a necklace.
 
This kid is awesome on so many levels. Ha!
 
My sweet Lulu. who I found out was scared to start 4th grade because I had mentioned at some time that it was my least favorite school year. I had to clarify to her that it was because I had a scary teacher. She was OK after that. Ha!

My sweet crew 2013-2014.

The reality pic. Ha Ha!!
 
 I had prepared all I could prepare. Now it was time to see how the day was going to work. Everyone found their seat in the school room for Manly to lead Bible time. After he was finished he fed Eli Jones and  went out to mow the grass while we dug in. I put Eli in his exersaucer, and gave the other four an activity while I started Language with Olivia. I quickly learned that the two littlest middles(Isaiah and Mia) are going to cause mw fits! It's really nothing a few lessons in self control can't fix, but those two are a MESS! A wild noisy mess...
Ready for Bible time. Look at Mia taking notes!! Ha!

Olivia working on finishing up her independent work.

So what did Eli do while we did school, you ask? Well, he wore his "Too cool for school" shirt, laughed, and slept. The entire time. What a blessing.
 
 

 
The rest of the day went OK. Not GREAT, but definitely not terrible. It takes a little time to get in the grove again. Especially since every year is totally different. I'll be glad once we're really into the subjects, and everyone has stuff to work on. We were finished by noon. The kids had pb&j, and now they are all resting while I defrag and regroup for tomorrow.
 
Olivia would DIE if she knew her socks were showing in this picture. DIE!
 
This picture cracks me up. Olivia was saying, "We have the BEST teacher/mother!"
 
First day is in the bag. Yay! Happy School Year! Do you have any fun first day of school traditions?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment