Thursday, August 15, 2013

Our Story: And Then He Went and ot a Haircut!

Welcome back for the next chapter of Our Story. I'm so glad you guys are enjoying it! It's fun to reminisce with you guys. It's been fun to hear about the parts that you remember too. Feel free to share your thoughts and memories here or on my facebook page. I'm planning to combine all these posts in a book once I'm finished, so it will be great to include your memories as part of that too.
Anyway, Manly and I had a great time emailing each other for the rest of Spring Break week. As we emailed I started to get a little flutter in my stomach each time I'd look at my inbox and see an email from him. Then something happened that I can't explain. I started feeling like he could possibly be "the one." Like all girls, I pulled out my list. You know, the one with all the traits you want in a husband. I was shocked when Manly was all the things on the list other than "must be attracted to him." Granted, "plays a instrument" was a trombone. Ha! As I looked at other things on the list(which I kept, but CAN NOT find in my box of memories from the attic) I realized what a great catch Manly was. My favorite thing from the list was "must be passionate about what he cares about." I had seen this come out in him since I'd known him, but had never really thought too much about it. The other thing that stood out to me was "pursues me." I wanted a manly man who would come after me, and that's exactly what Manly TRIED to do.
I finally decided that if he might be "the one" I could pray that I'd be attracted to him. I mean, it really shouldn't have been that big of a deal, but it was. Haha! Obviously, I didn't mention any of this to him. And, you should know, I always thought he was a cute guy. I was never repulsed by him or anything. He just wasn't they "type" I would imagine myself with, and I just wasn't physically attracted to him. My heart didn't go boom in my chest when he was around. I don't even know...
So, imagine my surprise on Monday morning before school when I got an email from him saying, "You will probably have seen me before you read this, or you probably will have heard from Ken, but I got my hair cut. A lot. People say it looks good. I hope you think so too. But I will see you later. Take it easy. -Scotty" When I got this message I just prayed that when I saw him for the first time I'd know one way or another.
So, I got to school and I was totally scanning the crowd for him. I had NO idea what to expect as he had shoulder length curly hair the last time I'd seen him. I was walking down the same hallway I'd first met him in, when all the sudden he came around the corner smiling. My heart nearly busted out of my chest. I could NOT believe what was going on. It was that moment when I knew Manly would be my forever love.

No comments:

Post a Comment