Monday, September 30, 2013

Our Story: Two Months is All You Need

You guys have been asking for pictures, so I decided to start uploading some for each post. I was going to wait and do them all at the end, but that's going to be a LOT of pictures! I'm starting with the proposal. I'll go back and post several others between the time we met and the when we got engaged.
 
Manly writing our fate in stone. Ha!
 
The happy couple up on the mountain. Check out those sideburns!!
 
A happy happy day!!

We came down off that mountain in lightning speed cause we had a wedding to plan, ya'll! We went back to my parents house and shared the news with my mom. My parents actually already knew, because Manly had met with my daddy and asked him a week earlier. You got that right! He went to see him after he bought the ring. He pulled it out to show my dad. He asked for my hand in marriage, and their blessing over it. Obviously, my dad said yes. I mean, he probably would have said yes to just about anyone just to get rid of my loud mouth in his house, but they both loved Manly dearly, and thought he was a perfect pick.
Once we got passed the talk over the ring we went and got our school schedules out so we would be able to pick a date and start planning. It was August 8th, and we had two choices: Fall break(mid-October), and Christmas break(mid-December). I looked at the options, thought about what I wanted, then asked, "SO...what about the 17th of October???" I totally didn't want to wait until Christmas break. My poor mother thought we were NUTS! Looking back on it now, we totally WERE, but we were young, in love, and ready to move forward.
We also already had most everything planned out. We knew all the basic things we wanted, had lists of music we loved, and the people we wanted to be involved. I went up to my room and got a 3-ring binder out and filled it with paper and we went to work.
The next day my mom and I went dress shopping. I found the dress I wanted, SO.... WE BOUGHT IT!! I know! The DAY after we got engaged I bought my dress! I just knew what I wanted, found it, and bought it!
Manly and I set daily goals, and most of the time met them. We had the wedding planned in just a few weeks. Four wedding showers, one bachelorette shower, a few tears and bumps in the road, and 200 candles later and we were ready for our big day!
Our engagement pictures were taken by our friends from school.

Love this one. It's always been one of my favorite pictures of the two of us.

So sweet!

At one of the church showers we had. This was at Manly's childhood church.

At one of our other showers thrown by Manly's mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment