Sunday, September 29, 2013

Our Story:Finally Fall

It's been over a month since I've continued with the story of Manly and me. I decided to pick it back up since our anniversary is just a few weeks away. There really isn't a whole lot of juicy story left between when we came back from summer, but I'd still like to share it. If you missed any of the story so far you can go back and read it here.
After summer came and went it was finally fall again which meant Manly and I were finally back in the same town. We both were over committed with scholarship agreements at school, part-time jobs to pay for gas, and I was singing on the praise team at church and Manly was still singing with the band. We were going ALL the time, but we had a blast! We traveled around singing at churches, schools, and other small town gatherings. We got into a groove, and were enjoying each other so much! Manly created a motto that we stuck to "Have a relationship that makes God smile." We had so much fun, but stayed pure in our relationship too.
Through the school year it became evident that Manly hated his degree program. He had started school being a music major, but never really had a goal other than being into music. As the year progressed, and he saw what I was doing in school(counseling) he really started thinking that may be something he would be interested in. It was funny, because he was always more into my homework than I was. He started to really feel a burden to change his major. When he first brought it up to me I was a little hesitant because I didn't want others to think he was just following me into counseling, but I also knew that it was something that he would be brilliant at.
After much prayer he decided to go ahead with the change, and it was quickly obvious it was the best decision(aside from pursuing me of course!) he had ever made. He came alive doing counseling work, and I think that it's what he was made to do. God blessed his decision with affirming teachers, and self confidence.
Once we were both in the counseling department there wasn't really a reason to have to be so tied down to the music department. I should mention that in most cases(especially in a small school) when you are on music scholarship you basically sign your life away. We wanted to be a little more freed up to finish school, so we decided to audition for a different group that did acting in churches and schools. We were both selected to be part of the team, so we were once again blessed to have college paid for.
When summer came again Manly decided to get a local job doing landscaping/lawn care. We found him a little tiny house to live in that was in town that summer. I was still doing nanny work, and also working a little at an educational supply store, so we were really busy. About half way through the summer Manly needed a new job because his boss basically stopped paying him or paid in hot checks, so I got him on at the supply store. We worked together for the rest of the summer. When he wasn't working he would come be with me and the sweet girls that I nannied for. We had a great summer, but I was getting a little anxious to...move ON with our lives. It was time to "put a ring on it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment