Friday, October 18, 2013

We Need to Get Back to the Basics of Life

Knock Knock!!
Who's There?
Regular Blog Posts.
Regular Blog Posts, who?
Regular Blog posts are MUCH easier to keep up with!

Whew!! I feel like I've been chain blogging FOREVER! First with the Disney Blogs, then with Our Story. If you haven't read either I'd encourage you to follow the links because they both turned out really fun, but I'm exhausted from all the writing!!

We celebrated ten years of marriage yesterday with a nice regular day. Because we went on a special date a few weeks ago we didn't go out, but Manly got up and made a delicious breakfast. While it was cooking we watched our wedding video with the kids who thought it was hysterical to see what everyone looked like ten years ago.
Manly had a few appointments, so we did school while he worked. After naptime we went to a few thrift stores in search of a cool living room table. The kids busted mine that I got from my BFF, so I'm on the lookout for a cool table I can paint. We didn't find what I was looking for so we came home and the kids went outside to ride on the tire swing Manly recently placed in the tree. While they played I got dinner ready for the kids and Manly sprayed the garage for bugs. Manly went to teach, and I got the kids cleaned up, fed, and put to bed. Once they were all down I worked out, showered, and sat down for my favorite night of television and waited for Manly to bring home dinner.
It was that moment. That moment my bum hit the couch that I realized it had been a good day. Not fancy, not expensive, not really even special, just good. Special days always seem to be the worst! I think we get in our minds some expectations that our spouse should live up to. Because it's usually something that we haven't discussed we end up disappointed and frustrated. It was so nice not to have to deal with that drama yesterday. Mostly, I think it was because the night before I had a conversation that went something like this, "So...Tomorrow is our anniversary. You don't have any crazy surprise plans for us do you? Or some fancy card you made from glitter glue?" Manly kind of laughed at first then simply replied, "Uh, no. Just breakfast. What sounds good?" It was a simple conversation, but one that made a big impact on our day. Crazy what a little communication can do for a marriage. I guess we have learned a little bit in the last ten years.

A little of our life straight from my phone.
My SEVEN month old dropped his chew toy,  pulled the cushion off the chair, and climbed up for a bounce. No joke. This kid is the smartest most agile baby!!
 
Once he stopped jumping he sat down, looked around, then had to figure out how to get down. He crawled right off then moved on to more destruction.
 
I heard the fridge open and knew the big kids were all upstairs, so I went in to see who it was. This is the site I found.
 
I stood there in shock for a minute, took a picture, then said, "Hey. Whatcha doing?" 
 
Mia turned around and said, "I help you make homemade pizza for my dinner momma! I get pepperoni for you!" She was so proud. Lil Brubbs was happy to just bang on the shelf and gnaw the butter bowl. 
 
Mia Jane LOVES to "do jobs." Her favorite is cleaning the toilet. Have you ever seen someone this happy over cleaning the toilet!?
 
Me and my man. Manly said he showed this picture to his class and one of his students said he looked high. Ha! High on love, I guess!!

No comments:

Post a Comment