Friday, June 13, 2014

Pigtails and Crewcuts!

It's the simple things you don't think of that become nearly impossible when you have six kids. Things like "running to the post office," painting nails, and getting haircuts. Trying to get everyone together and all needing a haircut at the same time is key. If I didn't do it this way I'd basically live at the salon. Today was the day. It needed to be last week, but the big girls were gone to camp.
The boys needed cuts a few weeks back, but I was trying to wait until school was out so we could all go at the same time. After about an hour, nearly $100, and a few dumdum suckers the littles were all sporting new hairdos.
All the kids have pretty hair, but my Addi has had really long hair for the last several years. Today she donated it to locks of love. We decided to do it once a year at the beginning of summer that way she can grow it out longer, then  be cooler in the summer after the donation. They cut off 10+ inches, and she still has quite a lot of hair. This will be so much easier on her being able to take a shower on her own, fixing it every day, and just being cooler. She was really nervous about it, but in the end she really likes the new cut, so she's really happy she did it.
Before we went in I had Addison pose for me. That girl LOVES taking pictures! She said, "OH YES! I for SURE want to remember how I looked before I got my hair donated!" Here are a few of the pictures she liked best.
 
I mean, we're talking waste length even over the shoulder! SO long!

Wanting to be sure I could see her face and her hair she fluffed it up and said, "OK. How's this??!"
 
Finally, a shot of just her pretty pretty hair that was still in great health and so pretty even in the wind and after a 45 minute drive.
 
A group before shot RIGHT IN THE SUN. Isaiah said, "I'm smiling Momma, but I can't open my EYES!!!"
 
First up was my two babies. Mia's hair grows REALLY slowly and is REALLY thin. The poor girl wants long hair so badly! We're still working on the sides growing in as much as the back so she doesn't have a mullet and we're ALMOST there. Today she just got a trim. Little Brother just needed a good short summer cut. They both look so much older with short hair!!
Obviously they both don't mind haircuts as long as it's in a cool chair like these, eating a sucker, and watching movies.

 

 
Next up was Addi. She was feeling nervous, but was still OK with getting it cut. She just wanted to be sure she'd still have SOME hair left. After the first cut she was fine. She saw that she would still have normal hair, and now she LOVES how it looks. She says she looks MUCH older. I won't tell her I think it actually makes he look younger.
Here she is getting it all brushed out and ready for ponytails. You can see they had to put several boosters in because otherwise it was too long to cut while she sat down.
Getting the ponytails in. They did four since she had so much hair.
Measuring each ponytail. It has to be at least 10in for locks of love.
Once all the ponytails were in the stylist took a picture for their facebook page.
 
Making the first cut!
Cutting the last ponytail!
All of her pretty hair will bless someone SO much!!
 
While she was going I also had Isaiah in the other chair getting his summer cut! That boy has TERRIBLE cowlicks. Notice I said cowlick(S). His poor hair stands on end most of the time. This time he got a great cut from one of my favorite kid stylists. He looks so stinking cute!

That's Brubbs with his back to me in this picture.
 
 
He LOVES getting his hair cut! He'll tell me(in his little country voice, "Mauh-ma, I need a haircut SOON!" It may have something to do with the Thomas trains and fire engine chairs, but I think he also likes a nice clean haircut.
 
Once they were done with Isaiah they started Lulu who wanted a short bob. Here she is with Addison just finishing up. I just realized I never got a picture of her by herself because I was watching Eli while she was getting hers cut. It's really cute though and will be great for hot summer days.
 
Addison with her hair and new hairdo. She was actually looking at the stylist who was taking her picture when I snapped this one.
 
Looking all cute for summer!
Last but not least was KK. This crazy girl has gone from waste length hair she wouldn't brush to ultra short hair that wouldn't stay down. Right now she's decided to try and grow it out enough for a good ponytail. She had to have the back trimmed up today because it was stacked a lot the last time she got a haircut. Here she is with her cape and sucker.


This girl is a mess but so beautiful and funny!
 
AND, the AFTER picture! So thankful for a great place to go for all the kids at the same time.
Now it's momma's turn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment