Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just an Idea

So, my kids love sweet stuff. Especially Emma Claire. Ask that child her favorite thing in the world and she will most definitely say, "COOOOOKIES!!" Well, in my efforts to being healthier and better to my body as well as those in my family I've been looking for some alternatives for sweet stuff for the girls. Last night I think I hit the jackpot!
I bought something like this and have until last night used it to pour juice into and freeze for ice pops. This is also a healthy idea as long as the juice is all natural and not sweetened. SO, last night I made them yogurt and apple sauce pops. They LOVED them. I just poured my all-natural unsweetened apple sauce into the mold as well as some yumm-o yogurt. Not together. =) anyway, then let it freeze and Ta-DA, yummy dessert! Try it. You'll like it. Your kids will like it.=)

I've started putting most of the girls toys out of reach and in organized buckets. For instance, there is a bucket of animals, a bucket of doll house and barn stuff, a puzzle shelf, game shelf, dolls and doll accessories inside of a baby bed all up over their heads. Now, those of you who really know me know that I am a clean freak and organizing fool. My kids like to try to wear this out of me, but lately I've beat them! I'll give them one activity at a time and not only does it keep their room reasonably clean, but it also keeps their attention for longer. They also have to clean up the activity before moving onto another activity. I LOVE this new out of site out of mind thing we've got going on and it really does work!

2 comments:

  1. Love the toy idea. We also rotate our toys. We have a couple Rubbermaid bins in the garage and every so often I replace the toys and they play with them so much better.

    And I am such a visual person so I have a question-on the popsicles-did you just put straight yogurt in the thing and freeze it? And you put applesauce in a few molds and froze that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post some pictures on here the next time we do it. I took some of them eating them, but that won't help you understand how to actually do it!=)

    ReplyDelete