Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday Randomness

Today you'll enjoy a bulleted post on my random thoughts. I'm working on making this a good blog to read. I really am! HA!
  • I am a Shout snob. I only use Shout for my stains. Until recently I was also a Tide Snob, but in my thriftiness I've started making my own detergent. I love it now. Just about as much as Tide. I do miss the freshness of my tide clothes sometimes. Especially when I want to smell like I've been in a "fresh mountain." Where do they get the names for these scents anyway?!
  • I am growing my hair out. I wonder if rogain works for making hair grow faster. Ha! I'd try it if it weren't so expensive.=)
  • I like salsa. Only my own homemade kind or the kind at authentic Mexican restaurants though.
  • We sold the girl's loft bed and were able to get two sets of white bunks for the same price. NICE!
  • I have become a garage sale junkie! Seriously! What can be better than finding a NICE Crate and Barrel rug for $10!? Finding a dresser for the girls' room for $10, that's what!
  • I love Grey's Anatomy and Lost. These are my two guilty pleasures.
  • I like to eat icing out of the can with a spoon. I used to do that a lot more. Now that I've lost all the weight I usually have a taste and feel bad!=)
  • I like doing laundry.
  • I HATE doing dishes.
  • School kids make me feel queasy. I'm not sure my kids will live through their school years...
  • I am a CLEAN FREAK, but I will not iron. I know this doesn't really have anything to do with being CLEAN, but it always throws people off. I don't iron. Ever. Like seriously.
  • I love to sing, but sometimes I love to sing BAD. Off-key, monotone, wrong key, wrong words, loud. You name it.
  • I don't like to be hugged by anyone other than my husband or the girls.
  • I don't like wearing make-up.
  • I can't play sports.
  • I like the smell of skunks.
  • I can't handle animals in the house.
  • My husband is color blind.
  • I can play the harmonica with my nose.
  • When I was younger my friends and I would pretend to be blind, deaf, or from another country and see if people would believe us.
  • I have a mouth on me that just won't stop sometimes.
  • I love the color red.
  • I love to wear dresses.
  • I once had to measure my inseam for a costume and I have the same inseam as Julia Roberts. I only know that because I had a book on her when I was in high school because of a haircut I wanted that she had.
OK. That's enough already. If you are reading this and are close enough to come to our book club tomorrow night send me an email and I'll send you directions! It's going to be fun. You'll like it!

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait for our book club! Oh and I LOOOOOOOVE garage sales!!! I'm seriously a junkie!!!!!
    Also, you can add a few drops of essential oil to your homemade laundry detergent when you put it in the bottle and add water to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm SO WITH YOU on the hug thing!! UGH what is WITH some people??? jack inherited my need for personal space i believe :) had no idea about scotty being color blind. i like doing laundry too. don't do rogain or you'll end up with a full beard or something - ha! do prenatals or those hair/nail vitamins. i'm growing mine out too. i think i'll want a ponytail with 2 kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah so I'm a hugger. I'll try to remember you aren't for the next time I'm around you. :)

    SO awesome about your garage sale finds. I'm jealous.

    I was going to say what Kelli said about adding essential oil to your laundry detergent to make your laundry smell good.

    I don't iron either, unless I absolutely have to.

    I'm a shout snob and a gain snob. Oh and a downey snob. I try to be very frugal with all of those things though.

    Grey's Anatomy and Lost are my two favorite shows. We have a lot in common. :)

    About book club. I think it would be really fun but I know I can't swing it this week. I've been tutoring on Tuesday nights and I'm not sure how long we will continue. Keep me updated on it though and maybe at some point I will be able to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! Skunks-that is a new one! Love it. See ya in a few!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to find your blog...Anna told me about it!
    Your skunk comment has me a bit frightened. Our dog, Savannah, got sprayed once and ran into the house before we realized what had happened. The 5 seconds that she was inside infected our house with "stink" for about 3 months! Yucko!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU for what you said. You have no idea how much it encourages me to hear other's God-sized stories. It pushes me from glory to glory.

    ReplyDelete