Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Plans to PROSPER?

So, today was supposed to be a day that would change our life forever. One of the biggest days of our life as a family. Today we were supposed to sell our van and get rid of a nice chunk of debt and buy a van WITH CASH and be on our way to financial freedom. Today was supposed to be one of the best days of our life.
This morning we got up early, got ready, ate Sonic(because it was a special day, of course), and were on our way to pick up our "new" van. A 2001 Chevy Venture, it's not the "hottest" mini van, but it's actually a lot nicer than the one we are making monthly payments on. ANYWAY, after going by the bank and getting the cash we needed we went to pick up the van. This was the first time I'd actually seen it and I was, to say the least, impressed. It has lots of extras that my van doesn't have and it also has a LOT more room. It was a fantastic purchase that my husband managed to snag a sweet deal on. We were so so excited! We hurried home to be there in time for the arrival of the van buyers.
As soon as we got home I hurried to get the girls out of the van and get their seats out. After that not so easy task was completed, I started working on getting the window chalk off the windows. I wanted my little Kia to look so nice for the little lady that was coming to pick it up. Right after I'd finished the first window she showed. A little early, but what do I care? This is the best day of my life! I know. You just want the facts. SO, the first thing she does is say, "Well, I have some bad news." (This is the exact time of the day that our good day began to spiral out of control.)
She goes on to give me the GOOD NEWS that she has HALF of the money and that she can give us THAT money, THEN in THREE WEEKS come back and give us the other half. Of course we did not agree to this as we are a little smarter than THAT. ANYWAY, we ended up deciding that she would go try to get the rest of the money and that we would talk again at the end of the day. I was OUT OF CONTROL! Seriously. I was OUT OF CONTROL. I'm being honest and real here, but HONESTLY I just about lost it.
I was angry at God. Angry at myself. Angry at the lady. Angry that we now had TWO mini vans in our driveway. Angry that we weren't going to spend the next half of the day at the DMV getting the tags on my new sweet ride. I was A-N-G-R-Y. So, now what? I have no clue!? We talked with her at about 6PM and she had collected $500 more, but that's not enough and we are only asking payoff, so we SHOULDN'T have an issue trying to sell it, but we've already placed two ads AND it's been for sale for a few months.
SO, I'm having a hard time. I'm questioning God. I'm asking for forgiveness for being such a terrible wife and mother in my furry today. I'm just down right in the dumps. SO, if you read this and want to, PRAY. Pray that we'll be able to bless someone with our van. Pray that it will sell QUICKLY. Pray that I'll be OK. Pray that we WILL see financial freedom. I sit here now trying to type through tear filled eyes. I just don't know what else to do. BUT, I know that God has said, "I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you right now girl, through tear filled eyes as well because I know how that must have felt for you. I pray it resolves itself quickly and that God calms your heart. It will be better soon. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. i am sorry to read this. God will see you through. keep your head up and trust him! some one will buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just prayed for you and will continue that God makes His Path & Plan clear to ya'll and that you are filled with unexpected peace as you wait.

    ReplyDelete