Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gotta start somewhere!

So, I keep having people ask when I'm going to start blogging again and to their question I say, "Maybe when I have a little more time." Well, I've decided that's never going to happen and if I want to blog I'm just going to have to make time for it. SO, here it goes. We'll see how long it lasts. I kept thinking I needed to wait for this or that, but I've decided you've just gotta start somewhere.
To get us all back on the same page I thought I'd give you some family updates:
  • I decided about a month or so ago that I wasn't taking enough time for myself, so I've been trying to take time to put on make-up, fix my hair, and pick out clothes that match. This is at times very difficult to do with four kids running around and being the needy little crumb grabbers that they are, but I've seen that if I take a few minutes for myself our day goes much better.
  • Scotty is doing great. He's started teaching adult degree completion classes at a local university. He loves it and seems to be pretty good at it. He's also been doing a lot of presentations and training seminars on behavior in kids with special needs. He's great at what he does. We are hoping that this is the year we will take the first step towards him having a private practice.
  • Olivia just finished her first year of school! She's so smart! She's reading like a champ. It makes me so proud! She's such a caring child. I love her sweet spirit. She's sometimes a little emotional, but what girl isn't, really?
  • Emma Claire is a handful of laughter. The girl LOVES to sing and will "do praise team" for just about anyone who will listen. She's a little hard to understand when she talks, but she knows exactly what she wants and needs and is sure to try to get it.
  • Addison is the sweetest snuggle bug in the world. She is completely potty trained! I call her my pretty potty prodigy. She's kind of a pest to her sisters, but really a sweet kid.
  • Since it's been FOREVER since I posted you don't even know about my little guy, Isaiah! He was born towards the end of January and the new love of my life.=) Sweet heart baby boy is a dream child. Sleeps like a pro and nurses every 3-4 hours during the day. He is trying to scoot around and seems to be teething early. He laughs, coos, and smiles at us anytime he's awake. Just a bundle of joy. I now know how Scotty felt when the girls were born and his heart melted into the palm of their hands. There's something about having a boy!
So, that's an update. Let me know if there is anything I didn't cover that you want to know. Maybe in another 6 months I'll post again...

1 comment:

  1. oh my stars, you blogged! welcome back...it is fun around here. :)

    ReplyDelete