Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Smart Girl Says the "S" Word

Addison has dog gone gone and done it this time. She's started saying the terrible horrible no good dirty bad "S" word in common language. NO, not that word! Addi, my sweet loving, dear Addi, has started saying stupid. It makes me so sad, because, let just come clean, I have found myself saying that word in the past, but never thought it was a common word around our house. I'm not sure if she heard me or someone else say it, but she sure didn't hear it from the sisters, because they are wise enough to know that "dirty" words get cleaned right up in this house. They NEVER say any "dirty" words because they don't want a mouth full of soap. Olivia, when she was probably 19 months old or so said "butt" and we didn't want her to say that. We didn't say it around her, but most adults say this word. ONCE with the soap in the mouth and to this day that child has NEVER said anything else that she knows she shouldn't. Emma Claire was a bit tougher, but she too has learned the lesson that dirty mouths get CLEANED in this house. Poor Addi still hasn't gotten the picture. Usually I hear that she's said the word second hand from the tattle queens, so discipline is harder because you never know if it's actually true or if she said something that sounded like the word. ANYWAY, today she was getting ready to go pee before nap and she said, "I gotta get this stupid skirt off so I can go potty!" I was so sad! It nearly broke my heart to hear my baby girl say that! I walked right up to her with my bar of Dove White and said, "Addi. You know that's not a nice word. Dirty mouths have to get cleaned up!" She was so mad, and said she didn't like me when I had soap, but who knows if it'll work this time. I sure hope so, because I just don't want a child of mine going around with a dirty mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment