Saturday, February 25, 2012

Look Whoooo's Having A Baby!!

So, I am part of a HUGE family. Both my parents are one of six children, and each child has their offspring and so forth. You get the picture. Holidays are a hoot with a ginormous amount of people there. With said offspring, it's fun to see family get married and start having babies. I currently have several cousins either getting married or having babies. Today, my cousin Rachel and I threw a shower to celebrate the coming arrival of Korbyn Mack Frost, soon to be son of my cousin Heather and her Husband Justin.
Heather and Justin decided on an Owl theme for the nursery, so I decided to go ahead and carry that into the shower. Look how CUTE this turned out!!!
This is the invitation:

The decor:
Sorry there are so many pictures of my ribbon tree, but I was really trying to capture the beauty of it and the pictures just weren't doing it justice. I had Manly cut some branches(actually I think he just picked them off the ground) and I tied ribbon I already had in my craft closet on them. It turned out so amazingly cute that I've decided to keep it up in the school room for a while.


Aren't her colors beautiful! Royal blue, lime green, orange, and brown. So cute!

Mia, my helper.

Yeah, right!

Another view after the cloth was on the table.

You can sort of see in this one, but I made pom owls and stuck them on the branches.

Cute advise book I got from Hobby Lobby for 60% off and customized it. I also got the owl stickers from HL and put them on an old frame we already had. I just printed off the sign using the same border as the invitation.

My masterpiece! I got this branch on a walk one day with my family. I had a vision of what it would look like and this is exactly what I pictured in my head. I made the banner with scrapbook paper and jute twine and attached it to the branch. Last, I added the little owl family. It looked really nice. I made the "topiary" out of a cup and two pumpkins!  
The little owl family.

I had Manly trim me some pine needles this morning to put on the living room table.

Made this cute wreath with the fringe we used from KK's nursery(yes, I've kept it for 5 years because it's CUTE!), and another set of pom owl's.

See the momma owl with her cute little hair bow?! So cute!!

Look at this CUTE cake Rachel ordered! It looked just like the invitation! Cute and yummy too!
The food table. My mom provided all the snacks and Rachel made the punch.

I used the paper lanterns from Isaiah's first birthday party.

The sweet couple.

Happy Baby, Frost Family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment