Sunday, August 5, 2012

Home Brewed Smittle: Week10. 30 to go.

Double digits! Can I GET a WITNESS! I'm really having a terrible time this go around. It appears that I've welcomed week 10 with a UTI. I've been drinking tons of water and taking cranberry pills today, so I'm feeling a little better, but plan to call my midwife tomorrow. Lovely.
Don't get me wrong. I'm so thankful for this tiny baby growing inside of me. This has just been a tough couple of weeks. With my first trimester getting close to being over, I'm really hoping feeling better will come with that.
Isaiah has become much more aware about the baby coming. He'll tell just about anyone who will listen that there's a new baby in momma's tummy. I love that sweet boy! He's really hoping for a brother to sleep in his room with him. I think he's a little lonely in that big room all by himself, while the girls are living it up church camp style in their room.
Babycenter says the baby is a little over an inch, but has completed a very critical period of development. Tiny little legs and arms now bend and move, the baby is swallowing, and it's body is making red blood cells.
And, what the blazes is a kumquat??? Ever had one? Well, that's the size of the baby this week.
I'm cutting this one short, because I don't want to complain. Thanks for praying for good health and energy!

2 comments:

  1. I did the SAME THING when I was at 10 weeks and babycenter told me it was a kumquat. I was like, "what the heck does that even look like???? They need to pick more common fruits to compare it to!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pregnancy is so hard for me, and I would try not to complain, but then it would just get all bottled up inside and I'd feel worse. =) My mental health follows the same pitiful trajectory as my physical health, obviously! =) I hope you feel SO much better VERY VERY soon. I hope "I" gets a buddy too!

    ReplyDelete