Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Naptime FAIL!

I've been mentioning lately that we've had some issues with Bubby going to sleep. I have no idea why he's having such issues with sleep. He wakes up really early, and was getting up several times after we'd put him in bed. We tried everything, and I mean everything that we could think of, and just couldn't figure out how to get the boy to stay in bed.
FINALLY, we decided it might help to put one of the girls in the room with him. Trying to decide which child was a chore, but we finally settled on KK. She's pretty easy going, and gets along really well with Bubby.  She was DELIGHTED to get her own bed(her bunk bed taken off the top). It's helped out a LOT with bedtime and Bubby isn't getting up anymore, which is great.
Naptime is usually really smooth. Everyone goes to bed on their own and sleeps quickly. The last few days, however, Bubby has started getting up at naptime. Of course. See, I put all the kids in different rooms at naptime to get the most out of naptime. Several of the older kids only take a short nap, so removing them from the younger kids allows the younger ones to sleep longer and gives the older ones a chance to read or play quietly after they wake up.
SO, fastforward to today. I put all the kids down, and pretty quickly after I had come downstairs Isaiah was up and getting into the bathroom. I disciplined him and put him back in bed. About 10 minutes later I heard Addison(who was in bed in her room) yell out, "MOM! I think Isaiah is going to get in trouble for what he is doing! You need to come. NOW!"
This is what I found.
One of the strangest hardest to clean messes EVER! 

I ran to get my camera so that I wouldn't lash out at Bubby. This is what he looked like when I got back in the room. He said, "So sorry momma." in a quiet voice.

I cleaned him up as best I could, took off his wet clothes, put clean ones on him, and put him on his bed while I went to work trying to clean up this CRAZY mess!

This is the wall. It was stained all the way up to my shoulders on the walls on both sides of the toilet.

The rug is stained pretty badly. It might come out with a good washing. We'll soon see. It's in the washer along with about 100 other things that were wet or stained.

These pictures don't do this mess justice. We're talking EVERYTHING in the bathroom was dirty! What is it you ask? My darling son had gotten the bath tabs that we will from time to time put in the bath water to change the color and put all of them into the toilet, then used anything he could find to fish the water out into the floor and the walls.

This is all the water that was left in the toilet. The trash can had about 2 inches of water in it too.

This is the toilet paper after I'd already torn off quite a bit to wipe his face.

 
After about 30 minutes of cleaning I got most of it cleaned. The toilet is still stained, but I can't stand to use harsh chemicals while I'm pregnant, so Scotty will have to go back in and clean it with bleach or something else later. The stuff I had wasn't touching it!

This is him once I got finished cleaning. He was sound asleep...
 
*UPDATE*
Don't worry, that hair dryer isn't plugged in! All the outlets in the bathroom are covered and out of his reach, and he's perfectly safe! While I went to get the camera, I called Olivia up to stay with him to ensure his safety.

5 comments:

  1. He might need a child safety knob on the inside of his door for a few days. :-)

    We have a pool and are freaked out over the thought of S sneaking out of his room and figuring out how to get outside, so we put the knob on the inside.

    Killed 2 birds with one stone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought about that, but I'm so worried about him NEEDING to get out and not being able to. I also want him to be able to get into the bathroom to go potty(which was the reason he was in there to start with). SO, we haven't put safety knobs on. I'm sure that would stop him though, at least until he could figure out how to get it off! Ha!=)

      Delete
  2. I was laughing only because I've been there, not with that specific medium, but with similar messes. I was laughing, but only until I read your update and that made me very, very sad :( I'm sorry if someone was ugly to you. I can assure you that I've had children make mega messes very quietly while I was IN the room WITH them, but my head was turned to another child, to take something out of the oven, sweeping the floor, etc. I know you are a GREAT momma and their safety is a top priority to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so so much for your comment. I did have someone leave an ugly comment. It bothered me, but then I thought about all the people who KNOW what kind of mom I am and I decided that some people just don't have a good filter. Thanks for understanding that evey mom has things happen in their homes!=)

      Delete
  3. Oh.my. I was just scrolling back through some of your older posts and saw this one. I can totally see some of the kids I babysit doing this. :) I think I would have cried to walk in and find this mess!

    And, I didn't think anything of the hairdryer. I just assumed it was unplugged because you're a MOM...you would make sure your kiddos are safe. :)

    ReplyDelete