Monday, September 24, 2012

Home Brewed Smittle:Week 17. 23 to go.

Now the weeks are FLYING by. I'm getting...plump. It's hard not to look at other girls who are close to me in due date and think I'm a LOT bigger than them, but I just keep telling myself this is number SIX and my body knows what it's doing. It started thinking I needed a pooch around week 4. Ha!
I'm feeling GREAT. Finally. I just love the second trimester. I'm still waiting for "the glow," but what are ya gonna do, right?
The baby has really started kicking and moving around a lot. It may be in part to his skeleton changing from cartilage to bone(according to babycenter.com). Now that he's got strong bones he's just kicking like a soccer champ! I love being able to feel HIM move.
Also, according to babycenter his sweat glands are starting to develop. Just what I need another sweaty stinky boy! Ha! I'll just have to buy more air fresheners for their side of the house.
I went to visit my midwife this past week, and everything went well there. She has an apprentice, who was actually a part of my last birth that I just love. I was able to visit with her too, and I'm looking forward to having them both be part of things this time. Elias had a strong heartbeat, and everything else is checking out just right. So glad to have a healthy pregnancy.
Also, does anyone else have crazy dreams while they're pregnant? I've had SUCH wild dreams this time. Usually they are about the baby, delivery, or something to do with me and babies. This time they are all WAY OUT there. I had a dream this past weekend about a few of my friends who are worship leaders basically trying to take their clothes off while leading worship for a group of youth. CRAZY! Ha! I woke up laughing and hoping that NEVER really happened! There really isn't a for sure reason why pregnant mom's have wild dreams, but it's suggested it's because we wake in REM sleep more often to pee, or for leg craps or to change positions, so we remember our dreams more. Strange.
ANYWAY, this week, our little BOY is weighing in at around 5 ounces. That's about the weight of a turnip. He's growing up so fast, our little turnip boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment