Saturday, January 19, 2013

Home Brewed Smittle: Week 34. 6 to go.

Another long week. The past few have been really high stress weeks. It's one of those times in our life where everything is a little wild. I'm looking forward to spring...
I'm getting things ready to sell for Rhea Lana's this week. It's been a little sad selling all of our girl things, but it also feels good to clear out some things and make a little extra money to get some things we need for Eli. My list keeps getting longer for him.
  • Car Seat(probably the single most important thing since we can't leave the house until we have one!)
  • Diaper Bag
  • Receiving Blankets(All of mine were pink and I just got rid of them.)
  • Diapers(only Pampers Swaddlers will do for those fresh baby booties)
  • Bouncy Seat(again. It was pink and now it's gone. I'll probably just make due with my travel swing)
  • 0-3 springy clothes. (Since Bubby was born in January all my boy newborn clothes are wintry.)
The baby is currently hanging out in posterior position. That is also known as "sunny side up." It just means that Eli has his back to my back. He's head down, and we aren't worried about delivery, but him rotating would make it much easier on labor and my current comfort. Addison was actually born in posterior position, and it made for a long back-aching labor and delivery.

He's still measuring right on target and moving around like a little jumping bean. I've had to start the whole pillow positioning thing in order to sleep, but other than that I'm doing great. His biggest feat this week is to start fattening up. I can't wait to hold him and have him complete our family. Babycenter says he's close to 5 pounds and about 18 inches long. About the size of a cantaloupe.

No comments:

Post a Comment