Friday, February 22, 2013

Home Brewed Smittle: Week 39. 1 to go.

Seriously? I really only have ONE week until my due date?! I can't believe it. I've hit all my goals. Now we're just coasting. I've had contractions just about every day, but nothing big and not enough to be actual labor. I'm fine with still being pregnant because I keep telling myself that Eli just isn't ready yet and the longer he's inside the more likely it is that he'll be fat and healthy.
My diaper/giftcard shower was wonderful! The shower was for my friend Susan, who just had her baby yesterday, and I together. It was so fun to share a shower. We had several friends come and we had a nice time chatting and laughing. We were blessed with tons of diapers, wipes, and giftcards.

My mom started a tradition of getting each of the kids a special gown and outfit to wear home from the hospital. Now that we birth at home that outfit is usually worn on their first Sunday at church. I'm in love with this little gown for Eli. It's Ralph Lauren and OH so soft and sweet.  I have it laying in the bassinet waiting for him and every time I look at it I just can't wait to get it on him!
Every night when Isaiah goes to bed he says, "Momma! I can't wait for Eli to be born!" Such a sweet boy! My Mia seems to be starting to understand a little about what is going on. She's still clueless, but as "baby things" start popping up around the house she's starting to point to my belly, point to the items, and say "day-dee"
My midwife gave me "Parents Emergency Birth Instructions" yesterday with things to do if the baby starts to come before she gets there. As long as I call her at the first signs of labor that is unlikely to happen, but just in case we got instructions of what to do. I read through them with Manly, and we both laughed out loud at the last one, which said, "Get the mother something to drink. You will probably need one too." Ha! Yeeeeeahhhh. I think Manly would be needing a drink if he just delivered a baby on his own! Ha! In reality, I was very glad to get them, but hope to not use them!
Babycenter doesn't have much to say about Eli's development other than he's just hanging out putting on a layer of fat and waiting to meet us! They have him at about 20 inches long and a little over 7 pounds-about the size of a mini watermelon.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment