Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Thankful List: Pregnancy Edition

I've been  known from time to time to think of random things I'm thankful for. This morning, as I was trying to take a shower I came up with a list of random items I'm thankful for especially right now. I am ALMOST 39 weeks pregnant. I've been pregnant 229 weeks in the last 9 years, so being pregnant is something I know a LITTLE bit about. Now, I'm no pro because every pregnancy is different, but here are some of my thoughts of thankfulness.
  • I'm thankful for the bar in my shower. For without it there is no way I'd be able to shave my legs or, at this point, take a shower at all.
  • I'm thankful for maxi dresses. They are the ONLY thing that feels comfortable right now and doesn't make me feel like I'm being cut in half.
  • I'm thankful for my husband's grey hoodie. I'm sure he'll be glad to have it back, but there are some days when pajama pants and that hoodie are just the right thing to keep me cozy and warm.
  • I'm thankful that we homeschool and I don't have to get kids ready and out the door by a certain time. I'm pretty sure the kids would be kicked out of school by now!
  • I'm thankful for my Livi who makes lunch for the kids every day.
  • I'm thankful that all the kids still nap(or at least have rest time).
  • I'm thankful that my husband, with a little nagging, will trim my toe nails for me.
  • I'm thankful for vitamin B complex. Without you, I'd still be in bed. You give me enough energy to make it through the day. Well, at least until naptime...
  • I'm thankful for the barstool I drug into the bathroom to sit in while I get ready. It makes that time so much more doable. 
  • I'm thankful for the kind of friends that know they can touch my belly and I won't get mad.
  • I'm thankful for friends who know they aren't the kind of friends who can touch my belly and they leave me alone.
  • I'm thankful that strangers haven't tried to touch my belly this time. I think it's because I look older and meaner. HA!
  • I'm thankful for cooshie seats.
  • I'm thankful for lots and lots of pillows that help me sleep at night.
  • I'm thankful for the stop watch on my phone to time contractions.
  • I'm thankful for friends that buy diapers as gifts.
  • I'm thankful for friends who give me hand me downs.
  • I'm thankful that in a few days I'll be finished with this season.
  • I'm thankful for the crockpot and the easy meals that come from it.
  • I'm thankful for netflix and the mind numbing hours of tv I have watched this pregnancy after the kids are in bed.
  • I'm thankful for friends who gave me a baby shower even though this is our SIXTH child.
  • I'm thankful that I'll be able to sell/get rid of my maternity clothes in a few weeks.
UPDATE!! I forgot two!
  • I'm thankful for peppermints. Without them I'd be crying from heartburn and nausea.
  • I'm thankful for kefir for the same reasons...
I think that's it for now. I could go on, but it's naptime and I'm sleepy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for good people who bring lots of good children into the world. :D

    Wishing you good labor vibrations very soon!

    ReplyDelete