Thursday, August 22, 2013

In The Year of 1492, Columbus Sailed the Ocean Blue


Is it just me, or do others of you who were teens in the 90s sing this song in your head ANY time you hear anything about 1492 and Columbus. In the past four days I have quite literally sang this song a thousand times. I remember being little and singing it each year at the Chili Supper at school. Ha! I also used to make up dances to it in my bedroom. I asked Manly if he wanted me to show him my routine, but he was strategically busy with replying to a very important email at the time and gave me no response. I think I'm going to have to share it with the kids. I mean, what is childhood without this song burned deep in your brain, and the dance routine only adds to it's charm. Maybe I'll pull out "Like a Prayer" by Madonna too. Then again, maybe not...

No comments:

Post a Comment