Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Our Story: Stinky Summer

It's been a while since I continued Our Story. I like to be able to dedicate enough time to each post, so I've just done a few other posts that are family related lately, but on to the good stuff today, right?!
So, Manly and I started seeing each other so late in the year, that it was finals week before we knew it. With finals under our belt it meant only one thing was ahead, SUMMER!
Because of the nature of our relationship we had gotten really close really fast. We knew we were made for each other, and that some day soon we'd get married, but we hadn't really thought about what we'd do once summer hit.
See, Manly had plans to return to his home town for the summer, and work back at the same job he'd had before he came to school. I had plans to continue working as a nanny here in MY hometown. The only problem is that those two towns are 201.6 miles apart(3 hours). SO, we decided we'd visit each other as much as we could, and we'd talk on IM(Trillian, anyone remember that site WAY back in the day! HA!) We talked occasionally on the phone, but mostly just via email and IM. These were the days before everyone had a cell phone. Manly ACTUALLY had a pager. Ha!!
I kept a daily journal that I gave him at the end of the summer, so I can actually read about almost every moment of that summer now. Ha! We saw each other a few times each month. Every time it was harder to be apart. My mom actually said she thought we'd be married within the next year because she could tell how miserable we were being apart.
For 102 days we were apart for summer, then we both moved into the dorms, and were together again at last. Except for when it was curfew. Ha!
After we made it through that summer I told him I wanted to be with him for many more summers to come, but they'd have to be together, and that's just how we spent them...



No comments:

Post a Comment