Thursday, August 29, 2013

Our Story: Whoops!

So, I forgot to mention a really hysterical part of our story. I think it's so important that I'm going to go back and share it just because I know you'll love this part. Ha!

So, after we decided to start seeing each other I dropped another bomb on Manly. It went something like this, "So...Uh...I was thinking today...what would you think...if....we didn't kiss....until we were...married...?" That poor boy(who was actually really only a boy at that time) looked at me with flushed cheeks and replied, "Uh...I'd be up for that...if you want..." See, I had several friends who had done versions of this idea, and I just thought there was something so romantic and pure about it. Ha!
ANYWAY, this idea worked great for us. For about three weeks...
So, there was this one night. We got dessert and took it to the park. There's this strange stage type thing right in the center of it that no one ever uses. I have no idea what it really is, but it's a fun place to sit and people watch because it's right in the middle of the park, which is right in the middle of town. We went over there to eat our dessert. We started talking about all sorts of things, but ended up talking ministry plans, life-long dreams, and more things that were deep in our hearts. We sat there for hours just talking and talking. When it was time to go Manly popped up, and bent over to help me up. I looked up just planted one on that poor sucker! He was so surprised that he stumbled backwards. I said, "WHOOOPS! OH MY GOSH! I'M SOO SORRY!" He started laughing at me, then bent back down and kissed me again. We both laughed, got up, and still to this day cherish those hours where we shared our hearts and our first kiss. Even today he says, "I still say you started it! I would have waited for you."

1 comment: