Thursday, September 19, 2013

Addirella

Each time we've gone to Disney World we've let the birthday girl get a day of pampering at the Bippity Boppity Boutique. This is an AMAZING little nook inside of Cinderella's castle in Magic Kingdom. There is an additional salon in Downtown Disney, but I love the quaintness of the smaller salon in the castle. Each princess receives their personalized royal invitation upon arrival. If you need to change into your best princess ware you are invited one at a time to enter the royal dressing chamber to change. It's decorated so beautifully, and Addison loved feeling like a princess getting changed into her royal wedding gown(a gift from her Grammy), wedding jewelry(something she bought herself with birthday money from the dollar store), and wedding slippers(which I bought her on sale at Target).  
Checking herself out in the royal dressing chamber.

Waiting for her name to be called with freshly combed hair.
 
Once they call your name to go back you are put with a "fairy godmother in training." These girls are trained to do hair, makeup, and nails. Addi's FGiT was Ms. Jess. She was so gentle with Addison that Addi just sat and chatted without ever feeling tugged about. With all the waist length hair she has I was worried she may be miserable while they did her hair, so it was a nice surprise.
Addi in her cape getting dolled up.

You can see all of her hair in the mirror of this picture. She was having the TIME OF HER LIFE!
She was VERY lucky that Cinderella decided to come by while she was there. Ms. Jess told us it rarely ever happens. Cinderella was so kind to Addi, and Addi was so pleased to show her how she was dressed like her on her wedding day.
Addi with Cinderella. She told Ms. Jess that she really hoped she was done with her before Cinderella got over to her because she wanted to look her best.
 

Once they got her hair up Ms. Jess applied a little nail polish, make-up...

and a liberal amount of pixie dust... 

They had her make a wish, and
Bippity
Boppity
Boo!

Showed her what she looked like for the first time. They have the salon set up where the girls can not see themselves until the magical moment happens. Such a sweet little moment for my Addi.

Complete with birthday sash we were off and ready for Cinderella's happily ever after dinner at 1900 Park Fare.
Once we left the boutique we began looking for Manly. He had all the other kids with him. The plan was that I would call him once we were finished and we'd meet up. He had planned to just visit the baby center in the park so that he could change diapers, refill water bottles, and cool everyone off. The problem with this plan came when I went to call him and his voicemail picked up! I tried calling him over and over again not knowing where he and the kids were. We searched all over the park for several hours, then, thinking maybe they had headed to the restaurant(as that had been ONE of the plans we had made) we finally took the monorail over to the Grand Floridian.
Once we got there they were no where to be found and we were almost late for our reservation, so I went and asked for our reservation to be bumped back, and I went about trying to get in touch with Manly again. By this point my new phone was dead from me using the GPS in my Disney app all day, so I would get an email or text all prepared then my phone would die again.
FINALLY I saw where Manly had tried to email me, and I was able to type back, "At dinner. Come by monorail." Boy was he ever tired and frustrated when he finally made it there. Apparently his phone was on the fritz in Disney World. He was able to use wifi, but could not use the network which meant he couldn't make or receive calls or texts. Bad time to find that out, but they finally made it to us and we had Addison's "birthday dinner."
My beautiful girl! I wish you could see the detail on the bottom of her dress. It has Cinderella and the prince in their carriage all made from BILLIONS of sparkles(which have now made their way into my washing machine and laundry room floor.

Addi loves the glass elevator at the GF.

Finally the other kids joined us. Prince Charming, two Cinderella girls, and a big girl who is now too mature to dress up in public. Boo!

The kids LOVE the characters at this meal. The step sisters always get in a knock down drag out fight which is always hysterical to the kids. Mia's face is cracking me up in this picture.

The step mother was too pretty. Ha! She told the kids to make their mean faces for the photo. I think KK and Addi are the only two who got the memo.

Mia said, "I same same you, Cinalllllella!"

More Cinderella love.

Hysterical! KK obviously LOVES the villains! Eli obviously does NOT! Ha! This was the only time he got upset by a character the whole time.

Prince Charming. He was, indeed, charming.

At one point it was time to dance for the royal ball, and KK showed the step mother her "pop dance." The step mother was so impressed that she called over Cinderella and the Prince to share in the moment. Hahahaha!

At one point they have all the birthday guests stand and wave so everyone can clap for them.

After dinner we went out front to take pictures of the kids with the royal carriage.

My sweet sweet Addi(who has pneumonia right now, by the way).


My two Cinderella girls.
 
Love this one of the two little middles.

Olivia is officially in her awkward in between years. Makes me want to cry! Stay little forever, my baby girl!!!

"Miss Addi, I'm gonna take you to tha sto."

She said, "Isaiah is the perfect prince for me."


In the bus on the way home. They all looked so happy and peaceful after a fun evening I didn't want the moment to end.
 
Addison had a near perfect day. She was so happy that she slept in her crown and wore her hair up the next day too. She said it was like a dream come true. She was so sweet and thankful. We were so glad she had a good day and felt celebrated in a special way.
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is too precious about Addi being so thankful for her special day. Makes me want to cry. Sweet, tender little loves y'all are raising.

    ReplyDelete