Monday, October 28, 2013

Princesses, Spiders, and Pigs! OH MY!

You all know that I usually go all our with themed family costumes each year for Halloween. This year I'm really trying to be a little easier on myself. It's been a really rough couple of months, and I'm trying to get rid of any stress that isn't completely necessary. That mostly means we do everything on a much smaller scale. Honestly, it's pretty hard for me on the front end, but proving to be TOTALLY worth it in the end! Like, seriously, go easy on yourself, friends.
SO, this year, when the dreaded "fall festivals" started to creep up on us I kept trying to think of how we could pull it off in the most simple way. Saturday we got up and I just kept kind of putting it off until after snack when I finally decided we were going to just do a little "what's inside momma's costume box game." I jumped up in the attic(actually I climbed the ladder, but it's always pretty quick because secretly I'm a little worried that one day it's going to fold up with me.) and got the costume box down. This is the box that holds all of the costumes of the past. I really built it up with the kids, so when I brought the box in they were all jumping around excited about what might be inside.
After going through everything the kids each decided what they wanted to be and we went to the not so quick work of getting everyone ready to go.
Here's what they chose.
Smittle Family Halloween 2013.

Eli and I are Charlotte's Web. KK is Wilber.
Flash Back to 2008.
Oh, my hair...Please, look away. Draw your attention to the first Charlotte, Addison, and KK as Wilber for the first time. So you know, Lulu is Fern and Manly is Homer Zuckerman.
My web was a white flat sheet that we painted with puff paint. The spider is just stuffed socks pinned to the carrier.

My Mia Jane as Dorothy. She's just recently realized who Dorothy is and that she had the costume. Now she wears the shoes just about every day. She rocked the ruby slippers.

Brubbs was the, as he says, "scare a crow." These two make such a CUTE team!
 
Flash ALL the way back to 2007. The background, the sweet cheeks, the brown nose. I just love it! We used all the same scarecrow pieces on Brubbs as we did on Manly. Even the same brown paint.

These two had already made up their minds before hand, but even after seeing all the costumes they stayed with their first choice. Lulu was Wendy and Addi was Cinderella.
 
Here's Olivia in 2011 the first time she went as Wendy(Isaiah was Captain Hook).
 
 
Other pics from the fall festival.
The best thing about this season is FREE FOOD! Ha! I seriously make my menu around free food activities whenever possible. Ha! Isaiah ate THREE hotdogs that his sisters decided they didn't want.

Brubbs on his horse ride.

This was Mia's first time on a horse! She loved it. She's gotten so much more outgoing since she's started being a big girl. A few weeks ago she wouldn't have dreamed of doing it!

LOVE this one of all three big girls. You can tell Lulu and KK were giving each other a hard time about each others horses. Such a cute moment captured.
 
Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment