Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Baby Got a Haircut

It drives Manly crazy that I call Eli "the baby." I totally understand, that sort of thing used to drive me crazy too, but now I have a FOR REAL baby. Like the last baby I'll ever have! This is something that should be celebrated by calling him "the baby" every last chance I get! I don't care who it bugs! He's MY BABY!
I'll say, "Will you get the baby from his highchair for me please?", "The baby needs his diaper changed.", "Look at the baby! He has his cup in the toilet again!", "The baby looks so cute today." You get the point. Well, anyway, the baby got his haircut at a real salon for the first time yesterday. I had cut it on my own several times, but this kid has WILD baby hair, and I needed a little help by a professional.
We take the kids here because these stylists work with kids all day every day. They always do a pretty good job, and I don't worry about the kids being too noisy or getting into trouble. They have play areas, movies playing, suckers, and animal crackers. Not to mention the treasure box for good behavior. Need I go on?
I knew they'd do a great job on his hair, so I loaded the kids up on our first day of spring break and we headed to the salon. All three big girls also needed trims too, so we were there for a while, but when it was the baby's turn he got right into the police car chair and sat right down. He did great, and his hair looks SO much better!

Livi was so worried he was going to be upset. She stood beside him the whole time. That's KK in the chair across the salon.
As you can see, she had nothing to worry about! He was so happy. He just drove his car and smiled.
 
Here he is almost finished up. Lulu said he NEEDED a sucker.
 
Wild hair gone! I wish I could have caught him smiling once it was finished, but he had other plans. Exploring and finishing off that sucker!
 
I can't believe how big my BABY looks in all these pictures. I'm sad that he's getting bigger so fast, but he's such a JOY to have in our family. Hoping he'll still let me call him my baby in another 20 years! This is your life. Soak it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment